Mixing it up to my benefit

If you are practicing yoga at the studio 3x or more a week then you probably pay a flat rate and are welcome to any of the classes any of the time, this is also the plan I am currently on.  So I find myself attending all sorts of classes, level 1, level 2, Ashtanga, Restoratives, Iyengar, Viniyoga, all of which I find to be helpful depending on what my situation is for that week.  

The freedom to attend any of the classes at any time has been a great benefit to me, on weeks where relaxation is a must I find myself taking more level 1 and restorative classes, during weeks when I'm full of energy and want to push myself I go for the Ashtanga and level 2 classes.  

The truth of the matter is, no matter how great it feels to Yoga it up one can get bored and burned out by taking the same classes, therefore, mix it up, what does your body and mind tell you it needs today?


No comments:

Post a Comment