Some days are hard, I know, but don't think too much about it and just go

As I had been sick for a full week I had missed a week's worth of practice.  The following week, Monday, I told myself that I would make it to practice, that Monday I did not make it to practice, the same had happened on Tuesday as well.  

Sometimes, a lot of the time, it can be hard to get back into practice when you had missed such a long period of it.  Finally on Thursday I made it into the studio, it was a gloomy day and it had been raining earlier on, the first rain since Summer, there was a tiredness in the air, a stillness, an uneasiness that I can tell was felt by most, the students were unusually quiet.  I was significantly tired and my usual enthusiasm to be attending practice was not with me this day, it reminded me of my teenage days in high-school, getting up early in the morning to spend all day at an institution that I quite frankly, did not like.

As always, practice started on time and with my first Vinyasa I immediately began to feel better, I remembered why I love Yoga so much, my enthusiasm came back immediately, and I felt... I thought to myself, 'I'm really glad I came today'.

some days are hard, I know, but on these days you just have to go because when you finally get to class and begin your practice you will feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment